Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Activity block 2


Mr. Shipley asked me and some of my class mates if we could help him in training the saisa girl’s football team. On Tuesday’s, Wednesday’s and Friday’s we started helping in their training. In the beginning their lack of cohesion as a team was pretty apparent. Five people chasing after the same ball, misplaced passes, disastrous defending. But after some weeks the whole team started clicking as a unit. We made them do countless passing and dribbling drills. It made me realize how hard it actually is to coach, since you have to make sure everybody is listening to what you are saying and doing what you want them to!
Now Saisa season is just around the corner and the team is playing as an amazing unit. They have beaten almost every opponent they have played so far and there is a strong feeling that this could be their year!!!
This coaching really taught me patience; you have to perceiver to get things done. It was also good for me because I felt happy that I had passed on some skills to other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment