Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer 2011


The summer was a quiet time for me in terms of CAS. I did not have any opportunity to get involved in service and since my leg was still recovering from the injury i had sustained earlier in March, i was still unable to fully commit to action.

 I did however join a fitness center and start training my leg to ease it back into action. I went to this fitness center for a whole month.


 It helped me a lot because not only was the training different from the usual, "pick up the weights and build your muscles type", the instructor was also very knowledgeable. Along with the training i learnt many aspects of how the body functions and which muscles are responsible for certain actions.








I also tried to do some work on creativity. Photography is a new skill to me. While i was in Pakistan, i went for a lot of hiking. The beautiful scenery inspired me to take many pictures.










I did however set myself one specific goal while taking these pictures. I aimed to take photos of every different type of flower i could find. 







Of the many different places i hiked, these were some of the flowers i photographed, i have put them together in a collage


I aim to continue this for all types of different flowers i see in Colombo.

No comments:

Post a Comment